Key facts and figures
Production and reserves
- Crude oil and condensate reserves (billions of barrels): 261.1
- Gas reserves (associated and nonassociated) (trillions of standard cubic feet): 297.6
- Crude oil production (annual/billions of barrels): 3.7; (daily/millions of barrels): 10.2
- Crude oil exports (millions of barrels): 2,603
- Delivered sales gas (millions of standard cubic feet per day): 7,979; delivered ethane: 794
- NGL from hydrocarbon gases (millions of barrels): 474.4
- Raw gas processed (billions of standard cubic feet per day): 11.6
- Refined products production (millions of barrels): 641
- Refined products exports (millions of barrels): 232
Exports by region
- Northwest Europe: Crude oil 6.4%; Refined products 9.4%
- Far East: Crude oil 65.0%; Refined products 34.5%; NGL 26.7%*
- Mediterranean: Crude oil 6.4%; Refined products 6.8%; NGL 4.3%*
- U.S.: Crude oil 16.6%
- Other regions: Crude oil 5.6%; Refined products 49.3%; NGL 69.0%*
* All NGL (natural gas liquids) figures include sales on behalf of SAMREF and SASREF
Refining and chemicals
Refining capacity (millions of bpd): 1.0 wholly owned domestic; 1.9 domestic joint ventures; 2.5 international joint ventures; 5.4 worldwide; 3.1 Saudi Aramco share of worldwide refining capacity
Chemicals production capacity (kilotons per annum): 17,650 total capacity; 6,630 in-Kingdom; 11,020 out-of-Kingdom; 7,016 Saudi Aramco share*
* Saudi Aramco's share of capacity is based on the percentage allocation of the capacity volumes based on the ownership structure in the respective entities. Saudi Aramco's share of Sadara is not included.
- Value of material procurement spending awarded to local manufacturers: $2.1 billion
- Value of contract procurement awarded to local market: $26 billion
- Percentage of material procurement spending awarded to local manufacturers: 37%
- Percentage of contract procurement awarded to local market: 80%
- 65,266 total workforce of which 54,666 are Saudis and 10,600 expatriates
- 3,774 apprentice graduates joining the company; 383 College Degree Program for Non-Employees (CDPNE) joining the company
Saudi development programs (participants enrolled at year-end 2015)
- 704 in regular development programs
- 1,407 in CDPNE
- 2,000 in college degree programs
- 7,818 in the apprentice program
- Offices: Dhahran, Saudi Arabia (Head office); London, UK, The Hague, Netherlands, New Delhi, India and Milan, Italy (AOC); Houston and Washington, USA, (ASC), New York, USA (Saudi Petroleum International, Inc.); Beijing, Xiamen and Shanghai, China, Tokyo, Japan, Seoul, Republic of Korea, Singapore (Aramco Asia).
- Joint and Equity Ventures: Fujian Refining and Petrochemical Company Ltd (FREP) and Sinopec SenMei Petroleum Company Ltd (SSPC) - Fujian, China; Motiva Enterprises LLC - Houston, USA; The Arab Petroleum Pipeline Co. (SUMED) - Alexandria, Egypt; S-OIL - Seoul, Republic of Korea; Showa Shell - Tokyo, Japan.
- R&D centers: Beijing, China; Boston, Detroit, Houston, all USA; Dhahran (R&DC, EXPEC ARC), Thuwal (KAUST), both Saudi Arabia; Paris, France.
- Technology offices: Aberdeen, UK; Daejeon, Republic of Korea (KAIST); Delft, The Netherlands
- Bulk plants: Abha, Dhahran, Duba, Al-Hasa, Al-Jawf, Jazan, Jiddah, Najran, Qatif, Qassim, Rabigh, Riyadh, Safaniya, Al-Sulayyil, Tabuk, Turaif, Yanbu'
- Domestic refineries: Jiddah, Ras Tanura, Riyadh, Yanbu'
- Domestic joint venture refineries: Petro Rabigh, SAMREF, SASREF, SATORP, YASREF
- International joint venture refineries: Fujian Refining and Petrochemical Company Ltd (FREP), Motiva, Showa Shell, S-OIL
- Terminals: Duba, Jazan, Jiddah, Ju'aymah, Ras Tanura, Rabigh, Yanbu'
Download all 2015 numbers (excerpt from Annual Review 2015) (PDF, 152KB)