Saudi Aramco has stewardship over the world’s largest oil reserves — roughly one fifth of the global total — with crude and condensate reserves of 259.7 billion barrels.
We are a fully integrated petroleum company with operations in exploration, production, refining, petrochemicals marketing and international shipping.
Saudi Aramco employs more than 56,066 workers worldwide from 77 countries and has its headquarters in Dhahran in the Kingdom’s Eastern Province.
Our operations span the Kingdom, with production and product distribution facilities linking all market areas.
Major export shipping terminals are located at ports on the Arabian Gulf and Red Sea, while domestic demand for automotive and aviation products is met through strategic refineries.
Internationally, Saudi Aramco subsidiaries or affiliates hold significant interests in refining and marketing companies in the United States, the Republic of Korea, Japan and China.
We have key market support service offices in major cities in North America, Europe and Asia.
Our shipping subsidiary, Vela International Marine Limited, operates a sizeable fleet of supertankers and product vessels.
We are currently working on expanding our capability to discover, produce, process and transport natural gas for domestic energy, powering desalination plants and other industries, and as a vital feedstock for our growing petrochemical industry.
Our importance among world oil producers has steadily risen over our almost 80 years in operation.
Today, we are positioned to build upon our prominence as a stable supplier of hydrocarbon resources. And by producing petrochemical products, building export refineries and advancing the development of technologies that will result in cleaner fuels designed for the new generation of internal combustion engines, we will continue the work of enhancing lives while safeguarding the planet we all share.
Saudi Aramco Key Facts
- A fully integrated global petroleum enterprise with exploration, producing, refining, petrochemicals, marketing, distribution and shipping.
- The world’s largest oil company by production and reserves.
- In 2011, managing more than 113 oil and gas fields in Saudi Arabia.
- World’s largest crude oil reserves: 259.7 billion barrels (year-end 2011).
- Crude oil production: 3.3 billion barrels (2011).
- Average daily crude oil production: 9.1 million barrels per day (2011).
- Crude oil exports: 2.42 billion barrels in 2011.
- World’s top exporter of natural gas liquids (NGL): 332.0 million barrels in 2011.
- Fourth largest gas reserves: 282.6 trillion cubic feet (Source: Oil and Gas Journal rankings).
- Tanker fleet consisting of 20 double-hulled VLCCs (Very Large Crude Carriers) and 5 product tankers.
- Owned by the Saudi Arabian Government.
In December 2012, we again achieved the number one ranking in Petroleum Intelligence Weekly’s (PIW) annual rankings of the world’s 50 largest oil companies. PIW is a leading source of intelligence in our industry.
We’ve held the top spot for 23 consecutive years – a track record that shows we’re consistently delivering on our commitment to fueling the world’s energy needs.
Proud as we are of this position, we never lose sight of our responsibilities to the people of Saudi Arabia and to energy consumers around the globe.